Annals of Biomedical Studies will become a useful guide learning state-of-the-art development to make valuable contributions in the fields of biology and medicine moving towards discoveries in biology that have important effects in the medical world, also addresses various topics in studies with different degrees of balance between biomedical data models and their applications in the real world.
The Apertus is an initiative for knowledge sharing among scientists, engineers, academicians, domain experts and students through a series of activities across the globe. Aim at giving the power to the academic community and the academic people by providing them a platform where they can publish and advertise their work, their research, their experience and thus help the students, peers and curious minds about a certain invention or discovery or even a better way of doing the same things.
Editor Roles and Responsibilities
Being a journal editor is an exciting but challenging task, if you work alone, without daily contact with your editorial members and publishers staff members. Apertus journals should also familiarize themselves with the COPE Guidelines and those of other organizations.
- To provide guidelines to authors for the preparation and submission of manuscripts
- To provide a clear statement of the policies of the journal on the criteria for attribution of authorship of the work.
- To attract new and established authors and article submissions.
- Treat all authors with equity, courtesy, fairness, neutrality, honesty, and transparency.
- Establish and define conflict of interest policies for all those involved in the publication process, including publishers, authors, and reviewers.
- Maintain the confidentiality of each author’s work
- Establishment of an effective and timely peer review system
- Make editorial decisions with appropriate promptness and communicate them in a transparent and constructive manner.
- Be vigilant in minimizing the possibility of editors or reviewers delaying a manuscript for suspicious reasons.
- To establish clear guidelines for authors on acceptable practices for sharing experimental materials and information, particularly those needed to replicate the research, before and after its publication.
- Implementation of a procedure for reviewing editorial decisions
- Describe, implement and regularly review guidelines for dealing with ethical issues and allegations or findings of misconduct by authors and all involved in the peer-review process.
- Inform the authors of the requested manuscripts that the submission will be evaluated according to the journal’s standard process, or describe the decision-making process if it deviates from these procedures.
- Develop mechanisms in collaboration with the publisher to ensure timely publication of adopted manuscripts.
- Clear communication of all other editorial guidelines and standards.
Advantages Being for Apertus Journal Editor
- Transparency is important to all of our editors. Therefore, anyone who reviews a paper that is accepted for publication in an Apertus journal is recognized for their work on the final product.
- The editor and the reviewers (if the authors opt for an open review system) will include the names in the published article. This is unavailable in most peer-reviewed journals.
- The ultimate decision on what is to be published and what is not is made solely by the editor of the manuscript on the basis of the opinion of his peers.
- Every journal editor has the opportunity to publish the article free of charge for two years from the date of registration.
- Apertus Journals pay the fee for COPE Editor Membership from the second year
- The editor can set up a panel of reviewers; one of the ways is to invite peers with expertise in the subject areas. Editors can ask publishers to publish the Call for Reviewers notice on their journal website.
Typical criteria for an Editor position
These would be:
- Expertise and experience in the field of the journal publication and good number of the article (i.e. 35 in number and h5 index up to 25 citations and/or books (usually in / related to the subject area)
- As a reviewer for a peer review journal and Ph.D. qualification or a senior research position with equivalent experience in research
- Enthusiasm to undertake the Editor role, but ensuring recognition of all aspects of the reality of the role and the work involved.